Tuesday, 9 October 2012

Safari Pictures


Allow me to present some scintillating wildlife pictures!


Before all that, I thought I'd show off my bedroom. Tim's has a carpet, sunlight, and a bathroom. Mine has a bookshelf and no door. The glass wall in back opens up completely though, so that's cool.

Awesome bird I found in Kruger. I think it's called a Lilac-breasted roller.

I guess the push-up lizard wasn't completely blue after all.

Giraffes, I have learned, have zero respect for cars. We got held up by them appearing in the road numerous times. Still fun to look at though, especially up close!

It doesn't get much cuter than baby baboons! When the moms walk/climb, the babies will latch on to their stomachs, kinda of like a reverse piggy-back ride.

As giraffes get older, they also get darker. We saw one that was so dark its spots had begun to run together.
I snapped this picture as we were escaping from this overprotective elephant. The older animals would usually respect cars coming through, but the adolescents were often jumpy and impulsive, so we had to give them extra room.

Baby crocodile looking particularly menacing.

Yawn. I was amazed at the camouflage lions possess. I'm sure we drove blindly past dozens of them over the course of the trip.

"Hey Sarabi! What did the knee say to the face?"
"I don't know, Nala. What?"
"SLAP!!!"

The cutest baboon-baby in existence begins to walk...

...steps on its tail...

...and decides that piggy-back rides are better. The tail incident was my favorite, especially when the baby grabbed its tail with both hands and tried to pull it out from under its foot.

The rhino turning to face us got a particularly loud gasp from mom.

Tiniest baby elephant we saw. It's so little it looks more like a baboon when it walks.

I liked when it tried to push its mom towards the water hole where all the others were.

Saw a Kingfisher catch a fish and flail it back and forth for 10 minutes in an attempt to fit the fish in its mouth. It finally did in the end, and I still have no idea how something that big fits inside the bird.


We took over 500 pictures in all, so if you guys have any requests just let me know and I'll put them up.

1 comment:

  1. These pictures are all SO AWESOME. And make me extremely jealous. I love the lion slapping the other, and the baby baboon story!

    ReplyDelete